You may remember a couple of weeks ago, we talked about the new Core Update that Google had started rolling out. Well, there is a status update…
It’s finally finished, hurrah!
It can be daunting when updates happen, so you’ll be the first to know if we discover anything pressing. In the meantime, let’s delve into Google’s latest revelation, the Product Review Update, which is designed to reward high-quality product review pages that share in-depth research.
You may be wondering how the Product Review Update may impact you. Well, here’s what we know so far…
“publishing high quality product reviews on your e-commerce or product review site can help shoppers learn more about a product before purchase. For example, reviews can guide shoppers between competing products, helping shoppers pick the best make or model for their needs and budget.”
So, does the Product Update Review affect me?
Put simply, the Product Review Update is only applied to search results for product reviews, which means unless you publish products or services online, you are not affected by the update.
What to do if the Product Review Update affects you
First off, don’t panic. If your business publishes product reviews, having the right team to assess rankings and decipher the data is essential for putting your best foot forward.
Make the Product Review Update work in your favour
At Candidsky, we have a knack for using updates to our advantage, and you can too. Here are some tips on making the Product Review Update work for you:
- Let us identify any ranking changes that specifically impact product pages and monitor them for you.
- Evaluate your products from a user’s perspective; remember, your website is also a reflection of your products and services, so make it count.
- Demonstrate you are an expert in your products/field and create people-focused content to prove it. Remember, People-focused content is more important than ever, so utilise it.
- Highlight what sets your products apart from similar ones on the market.
- Consider incentivising product reviews, and give your customers something in return for their fantastic stamps of approval.
- Make product reviews part of your aftercare package. After all, they help you to grow and reach new people.
- Consider targeted email marketing campaigns to send out to existing or repeat customers.
- Add structured data to your customer reviews to enhance their appearance in search results.
There are always more things you can do, especially with the right team on your side, but ultimately creating great products and providing excellent customer services is a powerful start.
Keeping things simple
If you’re an existing client, we will keep you informed as we analyse the impact of these updates. However, if you’re new to Candidsky, contact us to see how our SEO services can help get your products and services the visibility they deserve!