Why should you use remarketing?
The short answer is to increase your conversions!
Remarketing is a way of reaching out to users that have previously visited your site. Users visit various sites before making a decision to purchase and if you sell high value products, customers may need time to consider or discuss the purchase with friends or partners – this is where remarketing comes in to ensure your company stays at the forefront of their minds.
A remarketing campaign is usually good value since you’re targeting users that have shown interest in your brand in the past – they are unlikely to click your ad for a second time if they aren’t keen to convert. This results in higher quality traffic, a higher CTR and a better conversion rate.
Here are some steps to getting set up with remarketing:
- Use Facebook’s tracking pixel to build lists of users who added items to their basket but did not complete the purchase – you can remarket those specific items through Facebook dynamic ads (for ecommerce brands) and encourage them back to your site.
- If you’re not an ecommerce brand, you can build lists of users who visited specific pages of your site and manually create an ad that provides further information, includes a special offer, or encourages the user to get in touch.
- What’s more you can also target existing customers with special offers or upsales by uploading your customer email data
- Use display banners to entice users back to your website – this will dynamically place the ads on other sites that your users visit. These display banners have been proven to be as effective as traditional vinyl banners for sale.
- Create an audience in Google Analytics either for visitors of all pages or specific areas of your site.
- Use remarketing lists for search ads (RLSAs) – add an Analytics audience list to your existing campaigns and set bid adjustments to favour search users that have visited your site before (bear in mind you will need a list of at least 1,000 cookies to do this)
Let the numbers speak for themselves, here’s some examples of success our clients have seen through remarketing in January 2018:
John Ryan By Design: 4253% ROAS Facebook
Richard Haworth: 647% ROAS Facebook / 294% ROAS AdWords
If you are interested in speaking to CandidSky about running a remarketing campaign, contact us today to arrange a call.
If you would like to work at CandidSky and develop your career prospects, take a look at our Careers website for available roles and find out what is like to work here.
And finally, take a look at our other blog posts to see what else we have been up to.