With our MD being an ex-pro footballer, it makes sense that CandidSky have a 5-a-side football team. All we need now are teams to play against!
We started playing a few matches in the summer and, as expected from a team making its first tentative steps into competitive cross-company football, we took a few hammerings – most notably a 12-4 defeat at the hands of Tuna Fish Media.
But, after weeks of soul-searching and tactical brainstorming, we’re ready to get back onto the pitch.
We’ve also had a few further additions to the squad, most notably:
- Former Newcastle United, Oldham Athletic and Stockport County defender, Dave Beharall has now taken on the mantle of player-coach (more coaching than playing)
- The amazing Pole in goal – 6ft 5inch Jakub Wawszczyk
- No holds barred defender, Chris ‘Grass Stains’ Greener
- ‘Dynamo’ Dan Jones sinking them in up front
- The ‘Irish Rover’ Ciaran controlling the midfield
If you fancy a kick-about let us know, whether you want to join us as an individual to have a game in one of our kick-abouts or you want to throw down the gauntlet for a winner-takes-all team match, we’re up for it!
The relaxed approach
If you love football as much as we do, but aren’t up for playing, you can also join our Premier League fantasy football mini-league by using this code: 24577-9204