A blog can be anything from a personal diary, a daily pulpit a collaborative space, to a political soap box, news outlet or the simply ravings from inside your head. It doesn’t matter if you’re writing the latest news for your company or passing judgment on the world, these tips will enable you to unlock the power of your blog!
- Be open and honest
- Include your own opinion and observations
- Keep it up to date, relevant and interesting
- Let people comment on your blog (and don’t get upset if you get negative feedback)
- Set yourself some clear aims before you begin, then ensure you stick to them
- Avoid Corporate Spiel
- Don’t try to hard sell
- Don’t include lots of details about products and services
Most blogs have an ‘RSS Feed’ which is a fancy way of linking your blog into other websites. For example you can grab your RSS url and ‘feed’ it into facebook. Magic! All your blog posts will now show up to all your friends on facebook.
Feel free to comment below of for further information regarding blogs contact me directly on the following.
Tel: 0161 628 5011